Apex Legends is an exceedingly well-loved battle royale game by Respawn Entertainment. Since its debut, Apex has been continuously evolving as the studio rolls out frequent updates. However, like other popular games, it’s also prone to crashes.
Other than the few issues we’ve noticed in the latest update of this game, a variety of issues that cause Apex Legends to stop working. The cause of the issue is different from one player to another. However, some players are having success after tweaking a couple of settings.
If you’re looking for the reason Apex Legends keep crashing on your PC, One of the solutions listed below can fix the issue you’re experiencing. The players of this game will be required to conduct a bit of troubleshooting.
However, rest assured that your game will run Apex smoothly quickly and smoothly in just a few minutes.
8 Easy Fixes For Apex Legends Crashing On PC
There are numerous reasons reason Apex Legends is constantly crashing. The occasional freezing, the inability to join a match, or FPS drops are some of the problems players face while engaging in the sport.
If you’re experiencing these issues or know someone who is constantly crashing or crashing, then we’ve got the right solution for you. Let’s discuss these solutions together and identify the causes which cause Apex Legends to crash on your PC.
Apex Legends is a challenging game that requires a high-end computer for the most enjoyment from gaming. Even though it can be played on lesser-end PCs, gamers have had issues playing the game. It’s not necessary to spend a lot to play Apex Legends; however, there are some specifications you have to be able to meet to avoid overheating your system.
Here are the minimum system requirements required to run Apex legends:
- OS: 64-bit Windows 7
- RAM: 6GB
- CPU: Intel Core i3-6300 3.8 Ghz / AMD FX-4350 4.2 Ghz
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640/ Radeon HD 7730
- Hard Drive: Minimum 22GB of free space
- GPU RAM: 1GB
Although these are the minimum requirements to run the game, to enjoy the smooth gameplay at 60FPS of Apex Legends, gaming enthusiasts must break the banks and adhere to the specifications recommended for Apex listed on the EA website.
Outdated Graphics Driver Fix
The main reason Apex legends are crashing is an outdated driver for your graphics card. So, for most gamers, the best solution is to upgrade the driver. Based on the graphics card you are using, go on the AMD or Nvidia website to download the most current driver for your graphics card.
The updates are released frequently, and you should watch the AMD and Nvidia pages. The updates aim to improve and fix issues with various games. Therefore, if your graphics card is old, upgrading the driver can stop Apex Legends from crashing on your computer.
Roll Back Drivers
If the game continues to crash after you’ve updated your driver may indicate that the game isn’t fully compatible with the driver or the update failed due to a bug within. Graphics card drivers are updated frequently, and therefore could not be suitable for this edition of the game.
There’s a quick fix that requires players to choose an earlier version of the driver and then reverse the update for a chance to continue playing the game.
It is made available on PC through game players such as Origin and Steam. As you add additional friends to your friend’s list, asking them to sign up for your game and accessing your game library is possible using these programs. They are required to be running in the background, which can be annoying, hindering the gaming experience.
Based on the application you use to start or play Apex Legends, removing the overlay in-game could solve your issues with crashing. Let’s look at ways to disable the overlay in Apex Legends.
Disable In-game Overlay in Origin
You can turn off the overlay by following these steps.
- Open Origin and click on “origin” in the top left corner of the screen.
- Click on “application settings” in the drop-down menu.
- Choose “origin in-game” from the game’s settings page.
- Check “enable origin in-game” to remove the overlay.
Disable In-game Overlay In Steam
Follow these steps to deactivate an in-game overlay on Steam:
- Open Steam and then click “Steam,” located in the upper left corner.
- Choose “in-game” from the drop-down menu.
- Remove the checkmark “enable steam overlay while in-game.”
The game can be fixed by removing this option, and users should not be experiencing any further crashes. However, if the issue persists, the game’s files will likely be damaged, and you’ll be required to repair them.
‘Repair’ Apex Legends
If your game keeps running into issues, fixing your game’s files could fix the issue. The client will check the quality of the files, and if there is a discrepancy discovered, the player will attempt to fix it. The next steps will lead users through fixing the game.
How To Repair Games In Origin
Follow these steps to repair’ Apex Legends In Origin.
- Open Origin and go to your game Library. It can be reached by moving your mouse towards the right side of the screen and launching the slide-out menu. Select “game library” in the drop-down menu.
- Look for Apex Legends within your library and then right-click on it.
- In the menu that appears, choose repair from the menu.
- The game’s thumbnail will change to read verifying games files.’
- After completion, Origin will let you know if any issues were found within the files.
How To Repair Games In Steam
If you’re using Steam to launch Apex Legends, Follow these steps to repair your game.
- Open Steam and then go through your library of games.
- Find Apex Legends and right-click on the game.
- Choose ‘properties’ in the drop-down menu.
- From the menu on the left of the screen, select the local files option.’
- After that, select verify the integrity of the game’s files to start the process.
- Once all files have been scanned, you will see a message telling you that all files have been being successfully validated.’
This procedure checks to see if the game’s files have been damaged. If Apex Legends was experiencing problems with its performance because of corrupted files, this method would fix the problem.
Fixing Easy Anti-Cheat
Apex Legends works in tandem with Easy Anti-Cheat to stop cheaters from occupying the lobby areas. The software keeps your games fair and will keep cheaters out thus, using most of your processor’s power.
Overloading your CPU will not only cause games to stop working, but it also damages your system. You can stop the game from going down by setting the simple Anti-Cheat Priority to Low in Task Manager. But, you’ll need to repeat these steps each time you play Apex Legends if this solves the problem.
To overcome this problem, follow these steps to overcome it:
- Launch Apex Legends.
- Launch Task Manager by hitting CTRL+ALT+DEL on your keyboard.
- Click on the Process tab.
- Find Easy Anti-Cheat, then right-click on it.
- Choose Priority to Low.’
By doing this, players can reduce the burden on their CPU due to unneeded processes and enable Apex Legends to run smoothly. This is it! These suggestions will help you get back on track and resolve the issue that causes Apex Legends not to work properly on your PC.
Check System Files
The issue isn’t in the game itself but an operating system in a few instances. If you don’t upgrade Windows correctly, you risk destroying system files. The corrupted files may be the cause of Apex Legends crashing on PC. It is recommended that players perform a system file scan to ensure there are no corrupted files.
Check these steps to verify your system’s for files:
- Start the menu from your computer.
- On the bar for searching In the search bar, search for “CMD.”
- Choose the ‘command prompt’ option. A black dialogue box will be displayed on the screen.
- Enter”SFC /scan now” and press enter “SFC /scan now” and hit Enter.
Do not fret if you discover corrupted or damaged files on your system. Windows will correct the problem and download the right files onto your system.
Perform A Disk Cleanup
Why don’t you go that extra mile if you’ve come this far?
Optimize your hard drive and increase the speed of your RAM by performing an effective disk cleaning to ensure an effortless seamless Apex Legends user experience. Here’s how you can accomplish it:
- Click on the word “start” at the bottom left in the lower-left corner of your screen.
- Type ‘disk cleanup’ in the search bar and hit enter.
- The new screen will appear, asking you to choose an external hard drive.
- After selecting your HDD, select “DirectX shader cache” and “temporary files.”
- Click the OK button to initiate the cleanup of your disk.
Apex Legends Bug Fixes
It’s not the only issue gamers have during playing Apex Legends. Apex Legends receives updates frequently, and, as a result, it’s not uncommon for bugs to be found in the game. If your game isn’t loading or you’re experiencing audio issues, we have the answer to eliminate the Apex bugs.
Apex Legends Won’t Launch
If the game you are playing isn’t playing on your computer, Try these suggestions which have resolved the issue for the majority of gamers:
- Find out if a conflicting program has been running behind the scenes. A program such as Sophos Home blocks Apex Legends from launching most of the time. You can remove Sophos Home and then try again. Then, you can do the complete restart of your system and then try again.
- Always begin Apex Legends using administrator mode. This can be done by clicking on Apex Legends and selecting “Run as administrator..’
Quick Fix For Apex Legends Audio Issue
There have been reports of silent footsteps and legends that do not play audio cues. Other players are not convinced that the sound is sufficient. If you’re in the latter group, these suggestions are sure to work for you.
A. The majority of audio problems are by an unsuitable frequency setting not compatible with your speakers and headphones. To resolve this issue, all you need to do is:
- Click on the speaker icon located at the lower right of the screen.
- Find the menu for settings.
- Click on ‘reset for the default value.’
B. uninstall Apex Legends if you’ve put it in an SSD or an external HDD and erase the game’s files. Install a new Apex Legends version. Apex Legends onto your computer drive.
How to Add Friends In Apex Legends
The experience of playing Apex Legends is an experience by itself. When you play it with friends, it elevates it to a new level.
Let’s examine the ways we can make new friends to Apex Legends:
- Start Apex Legends and then navigate towards the main screen.
- Click on the “Friends” icon located at the bottom-right edge of your screen.
- You can also add friends from your team or invite your existing friends to join your team.
- To add friends, click “add friends” at the end of the display.
- A pop-up box will pop up where you can enter your friends’ usernames and search for them.
- To play with a buddy, click on their name and then select “invite to play.’
The only more irritating as cheaters’ Apex mythology is the random crashes and freezing. Invite your friends to join you and compete against the other players in this thrilling shooter that will keep you on the edge of your seat!
Have you stopped playing games ranked because of the crash? Use these suggestions to ensure an enjoyable and hassle-free gaming experience. Return to grinding your skills and see whether you have what it takes to be the Apex predator.
These simple fixes perform like magic, ensuring an Apex Legends experience will become sharp once more.