You can redeem your Xbox codes and gift cards to extend your Xbox subscriptions and make purchases. An Xbox code consists of 25 Characters which include both numbers and letters in five groups of each group consisting of five characters. You can purchase codes online or from Microsoft or other registered retail outlets if any available in your country.
These cards are mainly used to avail of special offers, make in-game purchases, and to buy games too. It is an easy way to purchase a code and then avail it while making purchases on the Microsoft store if your direct payment is declined or due to any other reasons.
In this article, we will show you how you can redeem codes using the Xbox app on your mobile and PC.
Also Read Pokemon Go Error Finding Match- Now You Can Easily Fix Them
Redeem Codes on Xbox App
Users can redeem the codes and gift cards on the Xbox Microsoft store app by following these simple steps. Redeeming a gift code on the app is very easy. We will show you how to redeem your code on both the Xbox app and the Microsoft store.
Redeeming a code on the Xbox app.
To redeem a code on the Xbox app follow the below-given steps and enjoy your shopping on the app.
- On your Windows Pc look out and select the Xbox Application and sign in to your Microsoft account (If not already done).
- In the Xbox app, click on your profile picture in the top left corner, a pop-up will appear.
- In the pop-up menu, click on settings.
- In the setting menu, select “Account” and scroll down.
- Here you will find “Redeem a code”, and then click on Redeem.
- In the new pop-up type in your 25 characters code and Click on Next.
You will not be able to redeem a code without logging in to your Microsoft account and If you have any previous payments pending. Gift cards are not accepted in the physical Microsoft stores.
To check if your code was successfully redeemed, go to your Order History and select the date on which you redeemed the code and it will show you the Order number.
Under the payment method, If it says “Redeemed code” then your code or gift card is successfully redeemed. If the code is for a particular game/app/product then it will get added to your “Library” where you can redeem and install the product.
Possible reasons for failure
- The code was entered incorrectly.
- The code was already redeemed. Codes once redeemed can’t be redeemed again.
- Code is for the content you already own.
- The code is not meant for this region. This means that the app or game you are redeeming a code for is not available in your region/country.
- You have a pending payment on another subscription. If you have any payments pending for the app or a game, you will not be able to redeem the code.
You can check your redeem code if it is legit by going to redeem.microsoft.com.
Redeeming a Code in Microsoft store
You can also redeem a code/gift card on the Microsoft Store. It is the same whether you redeem it in Xbox or the Microsoft store, but make sure to use the same account on both apps. Once a code is redeemed you can use it on the Microsoft store, Windows, and Xbox to buy games and other products.
Also Read: Top 5 Games Like Inscryption You Should Definitely Try
You can redeem a code/Gift card in the Microsoft store in just three steps.
- Open the Microsoft store app on your PC and click on your profile picture on the Mid-right side.
- In the pop-menu click on “Redeem code or gift card’
- Then enter your 25-character code and click next.
Codes redeemed on both the Xbox and Microsoft stores will work the same for you, unless and until a code is meant for a specific app/game/product. You can sit back and redeem codes wherever you want.
Got stuck in a game? Don’t worry, Steve is here to solve all your queries and give you some hacks about your favorite game.