Pokemon Go introduces the concept of hatching eggs so you can increase the number of Pokemon on your list. Till now, eggs have been a largely common component of Pokemon Go.
Eggs come in five different forms so obtaining all of them must be challenging. The details are available on how to get eggs in pokemon go in this article.
One of the primary methods of obtaining these eggs is simply by spinning the Pokestops. By the way, the process of egg capture varies according to the egg. Let’s understand their methods carefully.
How To Get Eggs In Pokemon Go?
Eggs in Pokemon Go come in five different types. Each with different distances. Below is the list of five eggs:
- 2Km Pokemon Eggs
- 5Km Pokemon Eggs
- 7Km Pokemon Eggs
- 10Km Pokemon Eggs
- 12Km Pokemon Eggs
Also Read: How to get Shaymin in Pokemon Go?
How To Get 2Km Eggs In Pokemon Go?
These 2Km Eggs are the most prevalent types of eggs in Pokemon Go. They are coated with white color with green dots in it. The only way to get these eggs are by spinning Pokestops. There aren’t any other ways to acquire them except for this.
Pokemon that can be hatched from 2Km Eggs are listed below-
How To Get 5Km Eggs In Pokemon Go?
The 5Km Eggs are another widely available and simple-to-obtain egg. They have white skin and yellow markings. They can also be obtained from Pokestops that spin. We can hatch a variety of pokemon, including some local pokemon with them.
Pokemon that can be hatched from 5Km Eggs are listed below-
- Mime Jr.
How To Get 7Km Eggs In Pokemon Go?
Another type of egg is 7Km Eggs. The only way to get these eggs are by receiving gifts. You have a chance to get a yellow and pink egg if your friend offers you a gift and you have an available egg slot. These are only allowed for baby pokemon or various variations of pokemon that have already been added to Pokemon Go.
Pokemon that can be hatched from 7Km Eggs are listed below-
- Alolan Geodude
- Galarian Meowth
- Alolan Grimer
- Galarian Farfetch’d
- Alolan Diglett
- Galarian Zigzagoon
- Alolan Sandshrew
- Galarian Darumaka
- Alolan Meowth
- Galarian Stunfisk
How To Get 10Km Eggs In Pokemon Go?
Finding 10Km Eggs in Pokemon Go is quite simple. Since you only need to spin Pokestops in order to get it. They have purple dots on their white skin.
Pokemon that can be hatched from 10Km Eggs are listed below-
How To Get 12Km Eggs In Pokemon Go?
You can get these eggs only when you beat Team Go Rocket Leaders with extra storage for eggs. In case, if you have nine eggs, then the extra egg will be placed in your leftover storage which already contains up to three eggs. These eggs only produce dark and poisonous pokemon.
Pokemon that can be hatched from 12Km Eggs are listed below-
How To Hatch Eggs In Pokemon Go?
The only way to hatch eggs in pokemon go is by placing them in incubators. Each player will receive a single, unlimited-use orange incubator. Only one egg can be held in an incubator at a time. Before they vanish, all other incubators can only be used three times. You can pay to purchase extra incubators with coins or by money.
After putting them in an incubator, you have to walk many kilometers. The egg represents a threshold that you need to achieve. Once you achieve it, an egg will hatch into a new pokemon. Eggs that need a longer time to evolve usually give you strong and rare pokemon.
The permanent orange incubator should only be used to hatch eggs that are two kilometers away; eggs that are farther away should be placed in the other incubators.
Tips For Hatching Pokemon Eggs?
- The maximum number of eggs you can hold with you at once is 9 eggs which include those eggs that are already in incubators
- We recommended using permanent incubators for hatching 2Km and 5Km eggs, and super incubators for 10Km and 12Km eggs.
- You will always have a single incubator with an endless supply of charges, but you can purchase additional ones from the store. You can get regular incubators with 150 pokecoins and super incubators with 200 pokecoins.
- The game detects when you are traveling too quickly to be walking, thus trips in fast transportation won’t count against your distance traveled.
- While hatching the eggs, you will get only the pokemon that are mentioned above in the article. Although it is always random, in some cases you will receive some pokemon more frequently than others.
- Never spend more money than you can afford to, and if you must, be sure you are taking advantage of the best offers at the time. For example, 20 super incubators, four normal incubators, four incense sticks, and four-star pieces are all included in the Adventurer box, which costs around 1480 pokecoins which is exactly the same amount for seven incubators and two incense.
- Similarly, in the Special box, you will get Super incubators, two premium passes, two incense, and 20 pokeballs which is exactly the same amount for Super incubators and two incense around 480 pokecoins.
- If you want incubators, don’t even think of using the Ultra Box. The Adventure Box costs the same but contains more useful things as compared to Ultra Box.
- GPS is not an accurate way to count steps. These steps count towards hatching your eggs if you notice that your character moves around a small bit when your phone is still on.
- Your trainer level was a factor in determining the CP of your hatched pokemon at the time you got the egg, not once it had hatched.
How Can You See Your Collected Eggs?
If you don’t see eggs that you are collected, then follow these simple steps for that:
- Click on the Pokeball Symbol
- Click on the Pokemon Button
- Tap on the label “Eggs”
- After tapping it, you can see all of your collected eggs
Also Read: How to change the location in Pokemon Go?
This information would enable you to understand how to get eggs in Pokemon Go and you will be able to hatch the necessary eggs and obtain the desired pokemon. Also, pay attention to the tips we discussed above for hatching pokemon go.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Pokemon lay eggs in pokemon go?
Yes, pokemon can lay eggs in pokemon go only when they both belong to the same egg group. If their egg group matches, they make eggs.
How can you give birth to a baby in pokemon go?
Any pokemon that can only be acquired via hatching the eggs is referred to as a baby pokemon. You cannot catch these pokemon from the wild.
Can you get any legendary pokemon from the egg in pokemon go?
No, legendary pokemon are not caught by eggs. You can catch them only by battling in raids or winning them in other challenges.
Simran is an experienced game artist interested in testing innovative and engaging games. Passionate about combining a love of video games with thorough artistic training. She is familiar with digital art software and avid team member excited to collaborate with game developers and designers to create visually interesting game experiences for users.