How To Stream VR On Discord | Easy Steps in 2022
Have you ever thought of being able to share the exact details of what you see on the VR device with pals on Discord? If yes, then you’ve found the right location to learn what you can do to achieve that.
How To Stream VR On Discord? Because Virtual Reality technology is evolving quickly in our modern times, It shouldn’t be a surprise that many chat apps incorporate VR.
I make use of this feature of Discord regularly. Go Live feature of Discord frequently and will demonstrate precisely how to utilize it step-by-step.
Put in your glasses to read and dive into the information. It’s not an ideal decision to skip ahead because I guarantee you that you’ll have more questions than you have now.
Also Read: How To Change Load Order In Vortex – 3 Easy Methods
How To Stream VR On Discord?
It is possible to play Steam VR on Discord by playing a game on Steam VR and then heading to Discord to begin streaming live. Only one game at a given time by clicking the game’s name. It is possible to stream sound. However, there are additional steps to follow.
The most effective method of streaming games on Discord currently is sharing a game you’ve downloaded from Steam VR. Additionally, you can also stream games from Oculus Quest2 to Discord. The procedure for this is different, so I’ll talk about the process in more detail in the future.
Also Read: How to Stream Reelz Channel on Roku [In 2 Ways]
These are steps for streaming Steam VR on Discord.
- To begin, you must first start the Discord client on your computer.
- Then, you can create your own Discord server using the circle plus icon at the bottom of the screen and click Create a server. It is essential to join each of your contacts on the server. You can also join the server of your friend.
- Install Steam VR in case you do not already have it installed.
- Launch the Steam VR app and start the game you’d like to show your colleagues. Make sure Steam VR and your game are running simultaneously. Steam VR and your game are running in the background.
- When you return to the Discord application, you’ll find the name of your game on the server’s navigation panel on the left-hand side of the screen.
- When you click the monitor-like icon next to it, you will get a window that lets you select a resolution and frame rate according to your preferences. Be aware that you require the Discord Nitro subscription to unlock high-resolution streaming.
- After you have chosen all choices, click then the Go Live button in the lower right-hand corner. All your friends and everyone playing on the servers will be able to see the game you’re playing on Steam VR.
Some players are having issues with the audio. This is typical in games. The video should stream well, but the audio will be quiet. This is usually the case when you start the game without having started Steam VR first.
I suggest you try taking this to correct the problem:
- Shut down Discord when it’s running, and shut down all games that are running in the background.
- Launch Steam VR.
- Click on the menu icon and select the option to change settings.
- Select the Audio option, and then switch the option titled Mirroring Audio to On.
- Following that, you will need to select which device you would like to copy the VR audio for by expanding your selection menu.
- Start the game following this. Be sure Discord is shut when you’re doing this.
- Perform the same steps described above in Discord, and all should function perfectly now.
How To Stream Oculus Quest 2 To Discord?
You can stream directly from Oculus Quest 2 on Discord by casting your VR headset into the browser on your PC and then sharing the window screen with Discord. Discord server. It is possible to simplify this process using a Virtual Desktop app.
Suppose you’re not familiar with the concept of Casting. In that case, it is the projection of what you see on Oculus VR’s Oculus VR screen onto the TV or PC or any other device that receives the projection.
As we mentioned, There are two ways to stream Oculus Quest 2 on Discord. The first involves Casting, while the second requires using the Virtual Desktop app. But don’t worry; I’ll walk you through each step to avoid doubts.
Below are some steps for streaming through Oculus Quest 2 into Discord using Casting:
- Start Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge on your desktop, and then look up Oculus Casting. The first result will be displayed on Oculus’s website. Oculus website. I would suggest that you don’t use other browsers since they do not support Oculus casting.
- Once you have done that, you’ll have to log in using the Oculus credentials. Then, you will be taken to the casting screen once you’ve signed in.
- Then, put on the Oculus headset and then press the Oculus button on the controller.
- You should see four options in the upper right of your VR display. Select the one which says Cast.
- Select your computer from the dropdown list. If you’ve followed the steps correctly, you are now casting. If you aren’t seeing a red dot on the top right-hand edge of the screen, then something has gone wrong, and the computer isn’t casting. It’s necessary to repeat each step in this instance.
- Once you’ve confirmed that there is no issue with your Oculus screen casting correctly and working properly, open Discord and begin sharing your screen using a Discord server, you’ll be able to share your entire screen or simply the browser window. Selecting to share the Oculus cast browser to broadcast your Oculus Stream is necessary.
This method is effective for the majority of users, but if you’re having issues using this method, you could try an application from a third party called Virtual Desktop. It’s an expensive choice since its price is $19.99 as of this article’s writing date.
Below are some steps for streaming through Oculus Quest 2 to Discord using Virtual Desktop:
- After you have purchased the app after, you must set it up on the Virtual Desktop on both the Oculus Quest 2 and Desktop.
- Start your Virtual Desktop streamer app and enter your Oculus username. This will enable you to both apps to connect.
- Start the virtual desktop application on Oculus Quest 2. It should be possible to view the Desktop window right now.
- Now, you can use your Oculus Casting tab in your browser using Discord to broadcast your Oculus stream.
Problem: How can I connect VR chat to Twitch?
Answer: You can add VR chat on Twitch by downloading Open VR Twitch chat and installing it. To join it, it is necessary to enter an authentication code along with your username and the channel. You can also alter the window size and click a button to start your Twitch Chat window.
Questions: What exactly is what is an Oculus mirror?
Answer Oculus Mirror is an app that lets users share their activities on the headset via the display. Most people use this to mirror their games because it substitutes the external game window with one that gives greater flexibility and control.
Question Can Discord stream Netflix via Discord?
The answer is It is possible to stream Netflix via Discord. You must connect with your Netflix account through an internet browser, most likely Google Chrome, and then begin streaming a film. Start your screen sharing using Discord and click on the tab for browsers that are streaming Netflix.
Chris Evan was born in Quebec and raised in Montreal, except for the time when he moved back to Quebec and attended high school there. He studied History and Literature at the University of Toronto. He began writing after obsessing over books.