Since our PlayStation controllers consume battery power, it is important to conserve as much power as possible or they will run out of battery. However, sometimes, you might want to turn off the controller but not the console. So, let us see how to turn off the PS4 controller without a console.
To turn off the PS4 controller without the console, you need to press the PS4 button on the controller and hold it for at least ten seconds. This will turn the screen off after which you can release the button and your controller will be turned off.
Saving battery power when not needed is really important. The same goes for the case of our PlayStation controllers. If you have a PS4 and your controller’s battery keeps draining when not in use, you need to know how you can turn it off without the console so that you can save some power.
To check out all the possible ways in which you can turn your PS4 controller off, all you need to do is read and find out which method you find the easiest.
How To Turn Off PS4 Controller Without Console?
If you are not aware, there is a button on your PS4 controller itself pressing which you can turn the controller off.
Here are the two simple steps that you would need to follow to turn your PS4 controller off without your console.
1. First, press and hold the PlayStation button between the left & right analog buttons on your controller.
2. After 10 seconds have passed, the screen will turn off and you can then release the button.
Remember that if have the DualShock four controllers version, you might need to hold down the PS button for a little longer time.
That’s not all, there are also some other methods that you can go for to turn off your PS4 controller.
Also Read: How To Make Your PS4 Controller Vibrate?
How To Turn Off PS4 Controller Using PC?
In most cases, people use their PS4 connected to the PC for the best gaming experience. So, if you too follow the same, then it will be quite easy for you to turn off your PS4 controller through your PC.
All you have to do is head to the Quick Menu on your PC and select the Sound/Devices option. Then, you can look for the Controller option and turn it off from there.
How To Turn Off PS4 Controller With PS4 Console?
If you are willing to make use of your PS4 console to turn your PS4 controller off, then here are the required steps.
1. First, you need to visit the Settings menu on your PS4.
2. From the options, select the “Power Save Settings” option.
3. Here, you can either directly turn off the console or set a timer when you want it to be turned off.
How To Set Timer To Turn Off PS4 Controller?
You might also want to know the steps to set the timer that will automatically turn off your PS4 controller, as this is the best feature you can use.
1. You need to press the PS button and hold it for at least two seconds on your controller.
2. This will open the Quick Menu from which you have to select the Sound/Devices option.
3. Now, tap on the option that says “Set time until controllers turn off”.
4. Here you can set the time to how many minutes after inactivity you want the controller to shut off.
How To Customize Settings To Turn Off PS4 Controller?
If you wish to adjust the settings to turn your PS4 controller off, then all you have to do is follow just a few simple steps mentioned below:
1. First, you need to press your PS4 button on the controller to open the Quick Menu.
2. Move to the Configure Computers option and select it by pressing the X button.
3. Now, you can go to the bottom of the list where you will find the option to turn off the computer.
4. Here you can click on the DualShock 4 and then press X to turn your controller off.
Also Read: How To Make A Split Screen On Mac?
That’s how to turn off PS4 controller without console. If you wish to turn it on, then you just need to press the PS4 button on the controller and hold it unless it turns on. We hope that this article was useful to you and you will not find any trouble switching your PlayStation 4 controller off whenever you want.
Muskan, has her awesome manner of telling things about herself without bragging too much. Video games have always been a part of her life. She has enjoyed a plethora of console, pc and online games. She is a wizard from the gaming world.