PC gamers can use the Xbox Game Bar, for a variety of activities. One of them is the ability to communicate with Xbox friends while playing on an Xbox console. For this, Xbox provides you with an Xbox Game Bar Party Chat function from which you are able to communicate with your friends. But for somehow reason, the Xbox Game Bar party not working for some players has become an issue. Find out the reasons and their fixes.
These troubleshooting guidelines make it simple for you to fix problems such as being unable to hear other players in the conversation and more can be discussed later in this article.
Now, this article will assist you if the Xbox game bar party chat is not functioning properly and you are looking for a fix.
Xbox Game Bar Party Not Working. Solutions To Fix The Issues
- Examine the Internet Connection
- Set up the Teredo Adapter
- Verify the Access Rights
- Restart the app and any related services
- Reset the Xbox App
- Modify the default playback apparatus
- Turn off the Windows firewall and outside antivirus software
Also Read: Easy Fixes For Destiny 2 CrossPlay voice chat not working
Method 1: Examine The Internet Connection
If parties aren’t appearing in your Xbox app, check your internet connection to make sure everything is working properly. There are some options for you.
- Restart the computer and Router
- Reset DNS
- To stop using UPnP, go to the router’s settings
- Disable the proxy and VPN
- Turn off IPv4
- Instead, make use of a wired network connection
- Check the status of Xbox Live
Method 2: Set up the Teredo Adapter
Some customers claimed that installing a Teredo adapter and then using a P2P connection allowed them to fix the Xbox party chat on PC Problem. Typically, the Teredo adapter is not by default available. Before utilizing a river, you must install it.
Steps to install it:
- Device Manager
- Click the first search result
- View> Show hidden devices
- Enlarge the section on Network Adapters
- The Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface can be found
- Action> Add legacy hardware
- Click Next
- Install the hardware from the list
- Again Click Next
- Network Adapter
- Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter
- Restart your computer
Method 3: Verify the Access Rights
When playing games, you are typically not permitted direct access to the microphone. Both the Xbox app and the specific game must have the permission enabled.
Therefore, you can look to see if the relevant information is already enabled.
- To access Settings, Press Win+I
- Select Microphone under privacy
- Under the section “Choose which apps can access your microphone”
- Turn the Xbox Button to on
Method 4: Restart the App and any related Services
Some transient problems can be resolved by restarting the program and any related services. This approach can be used to fix the Xbox Party Bar not working.
- Completely close the Xbox App
- Look for services using Window Search, then launch them
- Locate Xbox Live Networking Service by scrolling down and then right-clicking on it.
- Next, select Start
- Apply the same procedure to the IP helper
- Terminate Services
- Finally, restart your computer and launch Xbox to see if the Xbox Party functions regularly
Method 5: Reset the Xbox App
Another efficient way to get your Xbox party back to normal is to reset it. Here are some tips:
- Select Start
- Select Settings> Apps
- You must look for and expand the Xbox app in the App and feature section
- Select the Advanced choices
- To reset, scroll down and choose
- You may then go check to see whether the Xbox app not showing parties issues has been resolved
Method 6: Modify the Default playback apparatus
Some Xbox Party Chat on PC issues is sound-related i.e. microphone sound related, problems. You can restore your sound device to factory settings to resolve this problem.
- To find and launch sound, use Windows Search
- After choosing the playback device, choose Advanced
- To return the device to its default settings, click Restore defaults
- For the microphone, repeat the process
- Save these adjustments, then leave settings
Method 7: Turn off the Windows firewall and outside antivirus software
Xbox party can also be prevented from operating smoothly by Windows Firewall and other antivirus programs from third parties. You can turn off these security features to give it a go. If Xbox Party works for you, you can whitelist the Xbox app and the game to fix any problems with it not working or the Xbox App not showing parties.
That’s all we know about how to fix Xbox Game Bar Party not working. By the way, one or the other of these methods will definitely work for you. If none of these approaches work, you might want to think about utilizing a different team chat program. That is the only and the last solution to your problem.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get my Xbox Party to appear in the game bar?
Join a friend’s PC game or invite them to yours right away, then jump into a text or party chat and start looking for individuals to follow. To locate your friends: Open Game Bar, press the Windows local key + G. After choosing the Widget menu, pick Xbox Social.
Simran is an experienced game artist interested in testing innovative and engaging games. Passionate about combining a love of video games with thorough artistic training. She is familiar with digital art software and avid team member excited to collaborate with game developers and designers to create visually interesting game experiences for users.