Cyberpunk 2077 Crashing [SOLVED] Easy 7 Steps
Cyberpunk 2077 is, without a doubt, one of the top games for 2020. However, many gamers complain about Cyberpunk 2077 crashing and flatlined errors on their PCs. If you’re struggling with similar issues but aren’t worried, you can fix it quickly.
Before you begin the steps listed below, please be sure that your setup is in line with the requirements for your system of Cyberpunk 2077.
How to Fix Cyberpunk 2077 Crashing
Solutions to Try:
Here are seven solutions to fix Cyberpunk 2077’s crash. There is no need to try each one; just work from the top until you can find the one that performs what you want it to do.
- Make sure you update your graphic driver.
Cyberpunk 2077’s crash could result from an out-of-date or incompatible graphics driver. To avoid compatibility issues with this latest game and to ensure the smoothest gaming experience ensure that your graphics driver is current every day.
There are two methods to upgrade the graphics driver:
Option 1 – Manually Manufacturers of graphics cards will launch graphics drivers specifically designed to work with the latest games frequently. The best option is to download the most current proper driver from their sites (AMD and NVIDIA) to install by hand.
What is the performance of your game using the latest graphics driver? If it crashes, you should look at the second fix in the next paragraph.
Fix 2: Check the authenticity of game files.
Validating the game’s files is a must when games crash. Choose the gaming platform you prefer ( Steam, GOG or Epic Games Launcher) and follow the steps to fix damaged or missing game files.
- Start Your Steam client and click on the Library tab.
- Right-click Cyberpunk 2077 in the list of games, and then select Properties.
- Click on the Local Files tab and click Verify the Integrity in the Game Files.
- Launch Cyberpunk 2077 to try it out. If it fails to work, you can try fixing 3.
- Start GOG Galaxy and select Cyberpunk 2077 from the Library section.
- Click the Settings icon that is next to the play button. Next, click Manage installation > Verify/ Repair.
Allow the process to be completed, and check if you can play normally. If not, continue to fix 3.
On Epic Games Launcher
- Start your Epic Games Launcher, and go to the Library tab on the lower left-hand pane.
- Click on the Cyberpunk 2077 tile, and then click the icons with three dots in the middle. Then, click Verify.
Try the game once the process is completed. If you continue to experience crashes, try the next method listed below.
Fix 3: Disable overlays in-game.
Many players have reported that the game overlay can result in Cyberpunk 2077 crash, particularly when you’re playing on GOG. It is possible to disable this feature and see how the game performs.
- Open GOG Galaxy and select the Library tab.
- Click the gear icon at the left-hand corner.
- In the pop-up window, Untick the In-Game Overlay box and click OK.
If you’re playing on Steam and want to turn off the overlay, select the right-click Cyberpunk 2077 in the game’s list and select Properties. After that, uncheck enable Steam Overlay. Steam Overlay while in-game.
If this solution doesn’t work in your situation, continue reading more solutions below.
Fix 4. Stop overclocking
Overclocking your GPU or CPU can boost the performance of games, but it comes at the expense of stability for your system. Try disabling overclocking tools such as MSI Afterburner and changing the clock speed to its default if the crash stops well! However, if they don’t, then look at the next solution.
Fix 5: Close unneeded applications
Other programs that are not essential and running in the background can use up many system resources required for Cyberpunk 2077 to function properly. Before you begin playing, ensure that you close all unnecessary programs.
- Click right-click on any space on the taskbar, then click Task Manager.
- Right-click the resource hungry application and then click End task for them to be closed one at a time.
Do not close any programs you are not familiar with since they could be essential to the operation of your computer.
Play the game and observe what happens. If this doesn’t help bring your game back on track, There are two other options to try.
- Adjust the game settings
Reducing the graphics settings in games can reduce the strain to your GPU and, therefore, reduce Cyberpunk 2077’s crash. Many gamers also recommended disabling Ray Tracing since this feature could affect the gameplay.
- Run Cyberpunk 2077 and then go to the menu Settings.
- Choose the tab for Video. After that, switch off VSync.
- Click on the Graphics tab, and then set the options in”Advanced” to either Low or Medium.
- Scroll down to disable Ray Tracing.
Restart Cyberpunk 2077, and check its performance. If the crashes don’t end, you should try the final fix.
Fix 7 – Reinstall Cyberpunk 2077
Reinstalling your system can fix the problems that were not solved that you encountered during the previous installation. This is a final option if all of the above solutions don’t work. It is also necessary to erase the game’s remaining files after being removed.
Got stuck in a game? Don’t worry, Steve is here to solve all your queries and give you some hacks about your favorite game.