In this article, we’ll show you different ways to eliminate the input lag caused by pressing the “dodging roll” button on Elden Ring. However, it’s only two weeks since the game was released, but it’s already managed to capture the general public’s interest.
Through an interactive free-form open world for exploration that includes several intriguing features. They include fighting, looting and riding on horses, and even interacting with NPCs (well, you can play pretending to pretend to be the NPC and fool the intruder! ).
But, despite all the benefits that come with it, it’s not without its fair share of problems. As of the writing time, a number of Elden Ring players have reported that they’re experiencing a noticeable delay in their inputs or inputs after they hit the button to dodge as well as when the action actually occurs.
If you’re also frustrated by this issue, this guide will make you aware of different ways to resolve the issue one-for-all. Follow this guide.
Also Read: Killed Varre Elden Ring | What Happens if you kill first NPC?
How to Fix Elden Ring Dodge Roll Button Input Lag
Note that there isn’t a solution that is universal in nature. It is necessary to try all of the solutions mentioned above and determine which is most effective for you. With this at hand, let’s start.
FIX 1: Change the Dodge Key in Elden Ring
One possible reason this issue keeps popping up is that sprint and dodge are linked on the exact same button. While dodge is set to activate upon the activation of that button in certain situations, it may not be able to react because of its conflict with the action of the sprint. Therefore, you must think about freeing the dual function associated with this button and let a different key manage the Dodge operation. Here’s how it can be accomplished:
- Start Elden Ring and then go through The Key Binding section.
- You can now assign a key to “Backstep,” Dodge Dash, Roll’ and save the modifications.
- Verify that it is able to fix the input lag after you press the button to dodge within Elden Ring.
Also Read: Winged Scythe Elden Ring: How To Get The Winged Scythe
FIX 2: Disable Vertical Sync for Elden Ring
Vertical Synchronization (also known as VSync) assists in stabilizing and enhancing stability by synchronizing the game’s speed to the speed of refresh on your computer’s Display. It is, however, a fact that activating VSync can increase delays in inputs or latency to certain games. This is why you should think about deactivating it on your PC with an Nvidia GPU. Here’s how it can be accomplished:
- Launch the Nvidia Control Panel from the Start Menu.
- Expand 3-D Settings on the menu bar to the left, and then select Manage 3-D Settings.
- Then, click the Global tab on the right side and scroll down until you reach Vertical Sync.
- Select off from the menu dropdown.
- Verify that it is able to fix the input lag that occurs when using the Dodge Roll button on Elden Ring.
FIX 3: Enable Borderless Window Mode in Elden Ring
Based on the title, Borderless Window Mode presents the rendered image within an expanded window but with no boundaries. This means that the contents will be able to fill the entire screen and provide a complete gaming experience.
Additionally, it is also recognized to provide the results of decreasing the controller’s input lag. Switch the Elden Ring from the full-screen mode to the window without borders and check the results. Here’s how:
- Run Elden Ring and go to the Graphics section.
- Select Screen Mode and choose Borderless Window from the menu.
- Examine if the fix is the input lag after you press the button to dodge on Elden Ring.
FIX 4: Enable GSync for Elden Ring
Synchronizing the Display’s refresh rate to your GPU GSync gives you a more smooth experience. This is why it is suggested that you turn on this function on your computer (if your Display is compatible with Gsync or Freesync).
- Start the Nvidia Control Panel from the Start Menu.
- Expand Display from the left menu bar, and select Set up G-Sync.
- Then, check the box to enable G-Sync. Then restart your computer.
- Verify that it is able to fix the input lag after using the Dodge Roll button within Elden Ring.
There are four ways to eliminate the input lag that occurs when hitting the dodge-roll button on Elden Ring. In terms of the official position regarding this issue is regarding, the developers are yet to acknowledge the matter, much less send the ETA for the implementation of a solution. When either of these events occurs, we’ll modify this guide in line with the latest developments. However, for now, these workarounds are the best option.
Chris Evan was born in Quebec and raised in Montreal, except for the time when he moved back to Quebec and attended high school there. He studied History and Literature at the University of Toronto. He began writing after obsessing over books.