The Meta Quest 2 is currently the most well-known and affordable VR headset. The minimalist, comfortable style, impressive battery life, excellent software and affordable price make this the perfect VR headset for most users.
Also Read: Mlb The Show Co Op Not Working
Here’s How to Update Oculus Quest 2 and Meta Software
Updates to software continue to enhance the quality of the Quest 2 experience, so you must keep the headset up to the latest version. Here’s how you can (manually and automatically) update the software on your Oculus Quest 2.
If there is an update to the Oculus software update the Meta Quest 2 or Meta Quest headset will automatically update after being connected via Wi-Fi, and then turned on. To ensure that your software is updated regularly, you must:
- Connect your headphone to the charger.
- Make sure your headset is on.
- Make sure you keep the Meta Quest 2 or Meta Quest connected to Wi-Fi.
- Place the device on its flat surfaces and avoid movement or obstruction to the internal sensor for an extended duration.
Be aware that your Meta Quest 2 or Meta Quest won’t automatically update if you are off or asleep.
To manually look for updates to software:
- Use your left Touch controller to bring up the universal menu.
- Move your cursor over the clock on the left of the global menu. If Quick Settings appears, select it to start to the Quick Settings panel.
- Choose Settings in the upper right corner.
- Select System, and then choose Software Update from the left menu.
Here, you can look up your current version of software. If a new version is available, an option for downloading the upgrade will be shown.
How to automatically keep the Quest 2 software up to date
The positive side lies in the fact that you Oculus Quest 2 will remain up to date If you are using it frequently. It won’t download or install updates while using the headset, obviously however, it will run the update process only when it’s connected to Wi-Fi, turned on , and not being used.
There are some conditions to trigger the automatic upgrade process. If you’re noticing that you’re Quest 2 isn’t automatically installing updated software, you can follow these guidelines:
- Keep your headset fully charged
- Make sure your headset is on and powered
- Check that you’re Quest 2 is connected to an active Wi-Fi network
- Set the headset on an uncluttered surface for a lengthy period, and ensure that nothing is blocking your inside sensors.
Also Read: Airdrop Failed Not Enough Space – Here’s How to Fix?
Why can’t I upgrade my Oculus Quest 2.
If you haven’t done so installed it, plug the Meta Quest 2 in with the charger with the device. It should take at least 30 minutes or until your device is charged. The updates will resume automatically when your headset is connected and charged. Restart your headset if you don’t see the updates start within an hour.
Got stuck in a game? Don’t worry, Steve is here to solve all your queries and give you some hacks about your favorite game.