Minecraft is a game that can be played multiplayer. Did you know that it is also possible to play in split-screen mode? The option is available only for console gamers (bedrock edition). If you’re a console player, you can invite a companion to take on the game of survival together.
Check out how to determine ways to make split-screen available on various consoles in depth.
Also Read: Is Need For Speed Payback Split Screen?
How do I play Split-Screen in Minecraft?
You’ll need for the game to be played using the console, as we mentioned previously. However, before you can participate in local multiplayer, ensure that you meet the requirements below.
- Check that you are using at least the resolution of 720p on the television and console when you connect it.
- For instance, PSVita does not support split-screen because it’s only QHD (a quarter of HD). The WiiU has 480p resolution; therefore, you can’t play the game at the answer you want.
- You’ll also have to connect the television using the HDMI cable or something similar as you’ll need the full resolution that the console supports.
- It is not recommended to play Minecraft’s Beta Version of Minecraft also. If you’re stuck in Beta mode, you can disable it within the game and then restart it.
- You’ll also require an ongoing subscription for the console’s services like PlayStation Plus, Xbox Live Gold and Nintendo Switch Online.
After you have met the requirements above, follow this guideline to enable the split-screen feature in Minecraft.
- Start the game, and then choose to either create a new one or import your saved world.
- Visit the Multiplayer settings, then turn off the Multiplayer feature.
- Once you’ve got the ideal setting for the game, like its difficulty, and your preferences, begin the game.
- After the game has begun, turn on the controller for player 2 and begin the game by pressing Start. It is necessary to be able to push Start again to allow another player to join the fun.
- If your account is set up on them, choose the tab. If not, they are able to play as an uninvited guest. For example on PS3 when you click the cancel button when the game asks you to select the player that you want to log in, it will sign the other player as guest.
- With these methods, you can play as many as four players in total using split-screen modes.
To switch the split-screen mode to horizontal or vertical the user can scroll through the settings for video until you come across the option for Split screen. You can then choose the horizontal or vertical screen for your game.
Also Read: Is Minecraft Java Cross-Play?
How do I Play Online Split-Screen in Minecraft?
It is also possible to play Minecraft with a split-screen option online. It only works with peer-to-peer online multiplayer. It is possible to follow the same procedure as previously mentioned, however it is recommended to leave the multiplayer mode on.
Your friends can join the world by accepting the invitation you as host invite them to. Remember that split-screen only gets available when all participants are gaming on the console.