Typing can be difficult but apps such as Google Docs come with a range of tools designed to erase your mistakes quietly. A tool you’ll find typically automatically capitalizes sentences that aren’t began with an uppercase letters.
However, this feature may not be as effective as Google believes. It’s the reason you should disable it regardless of which Version of Docs you’re using.
How to disable auto capitalization on Google Docs website? Google Docs website
If you’re on Google Docs, the Google Docs website, you can disable automatic capitalization by using the menu Preferences.
1. Go to Google Docs on Google Docs website and open any document that you can modify.
2. In the toolbar at highest point of the display, choose Tools, then Preferences.
3. Check the checkbox next Automatically capitalized words. This is and choose the second option.
4. Select OK near the end on the list.
Switch off your “Automatically capitalize words” option. Google; William Antonelli/Insider
As of now, Docs won’t automatically capitalize your sentences. If you’d like to turn this option back, go to the Preferences menu and uncheck that box again.
How do you disable auto capitalization within Google Docs? Google Docs app
In contrast to the Docs website The Docs mobile application doesn’t have an independent setting for controlling the capitalization of automatically. Instead it’s owned by capitalization settings of your phone.
To turn off the automatic capitalization on the Google Docs mobile application, you’ll have to switch it off for all phones.
iPad and iPhone
1. Start the Settings app, then scroll down until you select General.
2. Within the menu which pops up you can find it and click Keyboard.
3. Under the All Keyboards section, switch off the setting for Auto Capitalization.
Switch your toggle switch left. Apple; William Antonelli/Insider
1. Launch the Settings app, and scroll down until you select System.
2. Tap Languages and inputs the keyboard.
3. Select the keyboard you’re using for your Android. If you’re unsure which one you’re using It’s likely Gboard.
4. Tap on Text Correction Scroll down, and turn off Auto-capitalization.